ROCKWOOL International A/S (“ROCKWOOL”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy on-line.
For that reason ROCKWOOL has implemented a set of Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs), introducing a global standard of data protection requirements to be complied with by all ROCKWOOL entities.
If you provide ROCKWOOL with personal data via the website www.exp.rockfon.com (”website”), ROCKWOOL will treat it in full compliance with the rules set out in the BCRs and in the national legislation on processing of personal data as adopted by ROCKWOOL International A/S in the following Privacy Statement.
1. General principles for processing personal data
The regulation regarding processing of personal data provides a framework to ensure that personal data is handled properly. ROCKWOOL will at all times ensure that personal data is:
- Processed fairly, lawfully and transparent
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and up to date - inaccurate or incomplete personal data will be rectified or erased or further processing suspended
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed only for a specific, explicit and legitimate purpose and only processed in line with the purpose for which it is gathered
2. Types of personal data
We will collect and process your personal data in a number of ways when you engage with us via various channels, including our website e.g. the ROCKWOOL Career site.
Some of the personal data is necessary to process in order for us to provide you with the services you have requested and some personal data you can choose to provide voluntarily. We will always let you know which personal data is necessary (e.g. via the use of an asterix (*)) and the consequences of not providing such data to us, for instance that we will not be able to (fully) satisfy your request.
The personal data that we collect and process can generally be divided into the following categories:
- Contact information such as name, address, phone number, email address, title, place of work, etc.
Information that you provide when contacting us via online contact forms
- Profile information in case you create a profile or account with us, including username and encrypted password
- User information, e.g. technical data regarding use and viewing, including IP addresses when you visit our websites or applications, including on third party sites, see also clause 5 below
- For recruitment through the ROCKWOOL Career site we will further process
- Skills, educational background and work experience
- Assessment results, of assessments made as part of the recruiting process
- Age and gender
In the initial stages of recruitment we do not collect and process special categories of data such as race or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic/biometric data, sexual orientation, and/or health. We may, however, need to collect special categories of personal data or criminal records at a later stage in the recruitment process if local employment regulations requires.
3. Our purposes for processing your personal data
We only process your personal to pursue a legitimate purpose and generally we will only process your personal data if:
- You have provided your consent to such processing; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract; or
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to; or
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party and such processing is not considered to be harmful towards you, such as our interests in developing, evaluating, marketing and selling our products and services, pursuing, developing and maintaining business relationships with our customers, suppliers and other business relations e.g. via customer segmentation and analyses and preparing statistics.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your use of the website, our services and products.
- To contact you as part of the ordinary customer relationship.
- To send you newsletters or other marketing material, including surveys if you have requested this.
- To provide general customer service and support.
- To gain customer insights and knowledge of how our various services, including websites and applications are used as well as evaluation and improvement hereof.
- To personalized website content and search
- To create and pursue business leads.
- To recruit for vacant positions.
- To store candidates for potential future recruiting.
- To store applications for potential future recruiting
- To allow externals to be prospects or in Candidate Pools.
- To comply with any applicable law.
The website provides users with an opt-in opportunity, which means that you will decide if you wish to receive our newsletters, special offers and other information about new features, events and services. Marketing offers will be described to you prior to the data collection and your consent will be required before any marketing material is being forwarded to you by e-mail. If you wish to be removed from a mailing list and thus not receive future communications on a particular subject, please click the unsubscribe link in the bottom of the email you wish to unsubscribe from
6. ROCKWOOL group
Personal data collected may be transferred internationally between entities in the ROCKWOOL Group within the purposes for which they were gathered provided that such transfer of your personal data is not restricted by law.
With respect to ROCKWOOL entities established in countries outside the EU/EEA not considered a safe third country (i.e. not ensuring an adequate level of data protection), the ROCKWOOL BCRs serve as the legitimate basis for the transfer of your personal data.
An overview of the ROCKWOOL group organisation is available here:
7. Disclosure, transfer and making available of personal data to third parties
Our disclosure and transfer of your personal data to third parties (entities outside the ROCKWOOL group) is kept to a minimum and is subject to the existence of an adequate level of data protection. We may disclose or make personal data available to third parties under the following circumstances:
- Third parties carrying out services on our behalf, e.g. hosting, IT-support, marketing services, administrative services etc. Such third parties are only allowed to process the personal data in accordance with our instructions and under a written data processor agreement.
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- If you have provided your prior consent to the disclosure of personal data to a third party.
- In the event of any merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of ROCKWOOL’ assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
If the recipient of the personal data is located in a country outside the EU/EEA not ensuring an adequate level of data protection, we will only transfer your personal data to such recipient following execution of a written transfer agreement based on the EU Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
8. Your consent
As stated above some of our processing activities will be based on your consent. In such case, you will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you withdraw your consent, we will cease to process your personal data, unless and to the extent the continued processing or storage is permitted or required according to the applicable personal data legislation or other applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing conducted prior to the withdrawal. Further, as a consequence of your withdrawal of your consent, we may not be able to satisfy your requests or provide you with our services.
ROCKWOOL commit to have in place the appropriate security measures to safeguard the security of your personal data and the Website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal data under our control.
10. Your rights
You have the right to access the personal data processed about you, subject to certain statutory exceptions. Furthermore, you can object to the collection and further processing of your personal data and you have the right to correct your personal data, if necessary. You may also request us to restrict the processing.
We will delete or correct any information, which is inaccurate or out of date when requested by the user.
You may ask to have information supplied to the ROCKWOOL Career site a deleted at any time. However information will be stored in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Data will be purged based on local purge rules, configured in the system. The storage period is 6 month, unless local legal requirements set out a longer or shorter mandatory storage period.
We will also delete your personal data without undue delay unless we have a legal basis to continue the processing, e.g. the processing is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim or necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
In order to make use of any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us, see section 13.
With regard to such requests, kindly provide us with relevant information to take care of your request, including your full name and email address so that we can identify you. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and no later than within one month.
If you disagree with our processing of your personal data, please be informed that you can lodge a complaint with your local data protection agency.
If you have any complaints about the processing of personal data carried out by ROCKWOOL, please feel free to contact us at any time, see section 13.
We will review and assess your complaint and if necessary we may contact you in order to obtain further information. We will always acknowledge receipt of your complaint or objection within 5 business days.
We strive at processing any complaint or objection within one month. If it is not possible to make a decision within one month, we will inform you of the grounds for the delay and of the time at which the decision can be expected to be provided (not exceeding 6 months from receipt).
At any time, before, during or after the complaint process described above, you may also raise a complaint with your local data protection agency, or other relevant court or authority.
12. Links to other websites, etc.
Our website may contain links to other websites or to integrated sites. We are not responsible for the contents of the websites of other companies (third-party websites) or for the practices of such companies regarding the collection of personal data. When you visit third-party websites, you should read the owners' policies on the protection of personal data and other relevant policies.
13. Contact information
ROCKWOOL International A/S
Group Legal Affairs